Beth Shalom Congregation
The Center for Conservative Jewish Life
in Howard County, Maryland
Beth Shalom prides itself on being a warm congregation that cares for its members as part of an extended family. We encourage involvement and participation and provide our members with a well rounded and diverse program of activities that touch every area of Jewish Life: Worship, Education and Community.
Shabbat services are held in-person and online and our daily minyan is virtual. Check the website and our weekly e-newsletter for more information on programs and events.
Friday, March 1 - Saturday, March 2
Friday, March 1
Shabbat Across America candle lighting at 5:45 p.m.
Shabbat Across America Dinner at 6:00 p.m. registration required
Friday Night Shabbat Unplugged Service at 7:00 p.m. Led by Rabbi Jennifer Greenspan and Cantor Rebecca Apt. This service includes instrumentation and a new tune for Magen Avot. The recording of the new tune is here. The oneg is sponsored by the Adult Education Committee.
Saturday, March 2
- Saturday Morning Service at 9:30 a.m. Led by Rabbi Jennifer Greenspan and Cantor Rebecca Apt. We call Braeden Morris to the Torah as a bar mitzvah. The kiddush is sponsored by the Morris family in Braeden’s honor.
Weekday evening minyan service, Sunday through Thursday evenings at 7:30 pm. Zoom in here for minyan then enter password MINYAN.
Adult Education has a lot of exciting programs, classes and dinners coming this Spring.
- On March 1: Shabbat Across America Dinner with Stav Gottesgnade, the Jewish Federation of Howard County Shlicha.
- Beginning April 2: Preparing for the Passover Seder: Way More Than Spring Cleaning! With Rabbi Greenspan
- Beginning April 4: Torah Trope for beginners with Cantor Apt
- Beginning April 12: The Rabbinic Intern in Residence with Samson Nderitu Njogu discussing the Jewish Community in Uganda and greater Africa. The weekend includes dinner, discussions, services and learning.
- Beginning May 7: The Oldest Hate: A Brief History of Jew Hatred and How to Recognize and Combat It with Rabbi Grossman
We continue to ask that you please call in advance of visiting the building so the staff know to expect you.
FRI 9:00 – 2:00