Get Excited—Get Connected—Get Involved
Sisterhood is a vibrant and active group that plays many key roles in the daily life of Beth Shalom. Sisterhood offers opportunities to connect with other women in the Beth Shalom community while supporting the synagogue, community Tzedakah projects, and having fun. Sisterhood:
- raises funds for the religious school and special projects with events such as Thanksgiving pie and Purim hamantashen sales
- provides holiday extras such as Yom Kippur break-the-fast, apples and candy on Simchat Torah, and hamantashen at Purim
- funds building improvements that make Beth Shalom warm and welcoming
- coordinates Women’s League Shabbat and hosts a rabbinical student or recent Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) graduate as part of the weekend-long program
- sends “We Care” packages to congregational children away at college or on active military duty
- provides siddurim and kippot for the third-grade class on its consecration and gifts for bar/bat mitzvahs and the confirmation class
- actively participates in events sponsored by the Women’s League for Conservative Judaism and its Seaboard region, attending conferences, trainings, and other events
- offers Torah Fund cards to mark special events (proceeds from the card sales benefit the JTS)
- offers social events such as the Annual Paid Up Members dinner, “Chick Flick and Chocolate” movie nights, cooking demos, and classes.
Most importantly, Sisterhood is always there for its members and the Beth Shalom family, in times of sorrow and times of simcha.
Become a Part of Sisterhood
Membership dues are just $40/year ($30 for first-time members)
From groggers to seder plates, honey pots to menorot, tzedakah boxes to mezuzot, the Sisterhood Judaica Shop has it all. Browse in the synagogue lobby on select Sundays, or inquire at the office.
Programs for 2019-2020
Steering Committee Meetings
Open to all Sisterhood members. Come and bring your ideas. At Beth Shalom at 7 pm. Upcoming meetings: